NexxstarTM resin formulations for new generation stretch hood films offer significant economic benefits, outstanding toughness and improved stability for each pallet load — even in extreme temperatures.
Stretch hood films using Nexxstar formulations have exceptional clarity; the films are so transparent they can be used in retail outlets where brand identification is of paramount importance.
These formulations are designed to maximize the effectiveness of the stretch hood pallet-packing system. This results in significantly reduced cost compared with current packaging systems while improving pallet load integrity from factory to shop floor.
The stretch hood packaging system is a fully automated technique to cover pallet loads. It is flexible and efficient. The film hood (or tube) is stretched to a dimension that exceeds the outer circumference of the load. It is drawn down over the goods and released to snap-back onto or underneath the pallet, thus securing the load
— for a wide range of load types or pallet sizes.
The stretch hood pallet packaging system offers a myriad of benefits. It represents major advances in performance compared with typical industrial packing systems.
Outperforming conventional shrink film, stretch film and cardboard, films using Nexxstar resin formulations coupled with state-of-the-art stretch hood equipment can offer benefits such as :
- More than 30% cost reduction.
- Higher holding force even at elevated temperatures.
- Outstanding display properties.
- Superb puncture resistance.
- Resistant to tear propagation.
- Excellent seal strength.
- Higher line speeds.
- No need to use natural gas or open flame.
Comprehensive analysis have demonstrated the commercial viability of stretch hood films using Nexxstar formulations. These films are ideal for a host of applications, including :
- Beverages, packaged food and bottled goods.
- Large and small household appliances.
- Products packed in bags, such as chemicals, sand, cement, soil, peat, etc.
- Packaging materials and paper.
- Building products such as bricks, tiles, insulation materials, etc.